Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie : Afterglow

I’m getting fond of Mitch Albom now. He befriended me one fine day as I was surfing through Amazon. He just came by and flashed himself by offering me faith, just when I needed. I spent some good days with him, soaking in all that he had experienced, only to see me start walking on my experiential journey. I gathered faith, through essence and in spirit. I think the beauty of special friends is that you keep re-visiting them, even if it seems like eternities passed between you and them. Every meeting is like a beautiful chapter, written in conversations, added to the book of life. If this metaphor was to come true any day, I would randomly open a page and start reminiscing along the pages.

Few days back Mitch called me. He knew Buddhism is what I had found my calling in. Funny, isn’t it? After all these years of wait and wonder for a Guru I could believe in, I found that the faith was no where outside but with-in me. I could see the power of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo reach my soul, cleansing my spirit with every chant. He asked me to spend some time with his favourite teacher and coach Morrie. I was all for it. Pages after pages wisdom overflowed, making me think of the person I have been, the values I stand for, the culture that imposes itself on me and the love I feel for my loved ones. All through this journey, not once Mitch conversed with me and yet he did. He let me in his world of ‘lessons learnt’ with Morrie. When people are so beautiful inside you are head over heels in love with them. Isn’t it? Ah! I’m glad to have fallen in love with such people in my life!

There’s something I feel going up and down inside my chest. I don’t know what it is. My spirit or the warm fuzzy afterglow of Tuesdays with Morrie?

A memory: The other day I shared with my brother that I’m working on publishing something these days.
He said “I hope not fiction or something like Do this, do that?”
 “You mean self help books?”
“Yeah”
“Oh! Not at all”
“Thank God”
“Haha! Cum’on I know I’m not good at writing fiction. All I want is my book of poems to get published someday”.
Amen.

P.S: I purposely didn’t add “book review” in the title. A book so sacred as this one deserves beautiful words, not clichéd ones!



No comments:

You may also like:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...