Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm Over It!


I’M OVER IT!!



It just occurred to me few seconds back that when people break up from any kind of relationship and say “I’m over him/ her or that relationship” it isn’t really true. In short: They might not only be lying to you, but at a far greater level are cheating themselves from the ‘truth’. In psychoanalysis either the person would be using the defense mechanism of denial or repression (trying to unconsciously forget something that is unpleasant).

So the question goes: Why do they even utter “over it”?? Well, social desirability factor, at least this is what I think of. For instance there is this close friend of mine who hasn’t got over, even after some 3 years from a relationship that was humiliating, frustrating and disrespectful in many a ways, and all this is ‘according to ME’. A sad thing- Maybe after seeing my irritation, frustration over she crying for endless months over that bastard, perhaps she thought that the best thing was not to ‘share the truth’ with me anymore. So well, I was in an impression that she had moved on, until recently after months, when she felt depressed, all she thought was to call that sicko, in her vulnerable state that of course I warned her NOT to!

A plenty of things emerge from the above lines:
1.     I’ll share with u someday an article on “How love can be maddening”..wrote it long time back.
2.     When people say that they have moved on, chances are that most likely they HAVEN’T, and what they are uttering is PLAIN LIE!
3.     Cumon? You can’t blame them as well. Can you? When you have been in a relationship where you felt that you had ‘apparently’ got everything you ever wanted, may be many moments-of-lived- fantasy, and then when the crystal ball breaks, surely it’ll hurt. Result: You are in a DENIAL, or at best live with the memories of the past and cry over them for months or maybe years to come.
But you know, like I always believe, things happen for a reason, and the very reasons then become lessons of our life, from which we get to learn.

There is this secret behind which I wrote this post, and I would let it be a secret. For all I know is that relationships are beautiful flowers which take their own time growing from a seed, to a plant, then taking a shape of a bud, blooming one fine day into a pretty flower whose fragrance only the outer world can define. And like all flowers do leave the plant and fall down, only for allowing the new ones to grow, perhaps relationships too are like seeds of new people waiting to be sowed…


If you wish to share anything related to this post, a song, a moment you recall of your past relationship, or any interesting incident, I would love to hear……
J

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I kind of agree, I mean it is a white lie in most of the cases. But then again, it can also be other way round. All they need is time, one cannot switch places this easily, as you know!!
Hope things will get better soon with your friend! :)

One Life. Many Moments. said...

“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learnt, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.” - Gilda Radner

Hemant said...

Loved the you describe this debatable topic....i also wrote something of the same sort....and I know you won't agree with that post :)

here we go with the link...do drop by...

http://pearlsfromtheocean.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-attempt-to-find-my-love-i-found.html

Kunal said...

Do not share secrets with a psychology student. :)

It is indeed difficult to say,'I am over it' and mean it the same way. you can not forget a person overnight and the good times and memories shared, you always remember and we think,'I had this perfect relationship. Why did't it work?' But, if you choose to be happy and understand that this was one of those things in life, which did not work despite our best efforts, then its more likely that we will be 'over it'. :)

Aakriti said...

@ Risha: I agree...everything takes time dear, and especially coming back to that used to be 'normal' takes a hell lot of time, when the person u were so used stays no more...

Aakriti said...

@ Twisha: lovely quote dear:) thnks for sharing!!
@ Hemant: thnks for dropping by at my place...would read ur link soon:)

Aakriti said...

@ Kunal: Arre, kyun?? kyun?:P what makes u refrain from sharing a secret with a Psychology student..hmm??and yes we cannot forget a person overnight..well if we do, its only tells us that neither the person nor the relationship was valued..and yes..many a things help us learn..that's how we 'grow';)

Bhargav Bhatt said...

i m over it... is it really possible...???

am sure, its not

nice read...

You may also like:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...