Here comes my very first recipe for my Vanilla people to try out.
I made Baked Macaroni with Cheese…and it was yummylicious. Yup!!:)
· 400gms boiled macaroni ( serves 4)
· 6 cheese cubes ( processed cheese)
· Diced capsicum ( one big or 2 small)
· Finely chopped onion ( one)
· Oregano Sesoning
· Chilli flakes
· 2-3 bread slices
· Oil for cooking
· 4-5 garlic cloves ( mash it)
For the white sauce:
· One cup milk
· One table spoon flour
· Two cheese cubes from the total 6
· 2 tablespoon butter
1. In a pan pour some oil, let it heat for a while, then put the mashed fresh garlic, add onions when the garlic turns golden brown.
2. When the onions begin to change their color, add capsicum, salt ( as per your taste) and pepper, saute it for few mins. If you wish the capsicum to be soft, add few drops of water and cover it for two mins.
3. Next, add the boiled macaroni into it, toss it nicely, add oregano and chilli flakes.
4. Then heat the milk and add one table spoon flour into it, mix it well.
5. In another pan, add butter, and the milk. Start stirring it slowly. Then to the milk add 2 cubes of grated cheese. Keep stirring until it becomes a li’l thick.
6. Now to the cooked macaroni, add the white sauce you just made in another pan.
7. Make sure, the heat is low, and mix the white sauce well into the macaroni.
If you really feel tempted to eat the macaroni like that, you might as well go ahead...baking adds a different tinge and flavour which you can try some other time as well:)
· After the macaroni is ready, in a pan, add a few drops of oil and lightly fry the bread crumbs into it.
· Then lightly grease the dish/ baking tin with oil.
· Add the cooked macaroni. Top it with the crispy fried bread crumbs and grated cheese i.e. 4 cubes.
· After pre- heating the oven, bake for 15- 20 mins at 250 degrees.
And voila!! Your baked macaroni and cheese is ready
to be served!!:)
Yummy!!! that is all i can say :) Yummy :)
oooh fried breadcrumbs on top! This sounds soo good. I will try it as soon as I get a moment. Thanks for joining the Weekend Rewind.
Post a Comment